- 13.1 Miles
- 1,400+ Vertical Ft. Elevation Gain
- 1,400+ Vertical Ft. Elevation Loss
- (2,800+ Vertical Ft. Change)
- *Prerequisites: A healthy appetite for beauty and minor discomfort some might call pain
- 1 Out & Back that starts & finishes at Big Elk Creek
- 100% Single Track
- No Drop Bag Locations
- No Vehicle Crew Access
- No Pacers Allowed
- 100% Awesomeness
- Big Elk Half Marathon Maps
The ‘gateway drug’ into longer and harder trail races! With a gentle grade (1,400 feet of elevation climb), this buttery single-track course begins at the YMCA Big Elk Lodge, heading up the Big Elk Creek Trail to reach one well-stocked aid station, allowing runners to refuel before cruising back to the finish line. This is the perfect ‘first race’ for road runners looking to expand their repertoire.
Start Time: 9:00am on Saturday
Cut-Off: 3:00pm (6 hours)
Required Gear: All 13.1 runners are required to bring a hydration system comprised of either hand-held water bottles or a backpack water pack.