- 50+ Miles
- 11,500+ Vertical Ft. Elevation Gain
- 11,500+ Vertical Ft. Elevation Loss
- (23,000+ Vertical Ft. Change)
- *Prerequisites: A healthy appetite for beauty and pain
- Start & Finish At Big Elk Creek.
- 95% Single Track
- 100% Awesomeness
- 1 Drop Bag Location
- 3 Vehicle Crew Access Location Points (N. Indian Cr. counts as 2)
- No Pacers Allowed
- Soft cutoff time (there will be some leeway) of Mile 40 (YMCA Camp) by 6:00 pm
- Grizzly 50 Maps
Not your ordinary 50 miler! You will not need to worry about grizzly’s for the most part but you will need to be warned of the grisly terrain waiting to tear you down and beat you into submission. You will do the first The vertical gain/loss is that of many 100 mile races so train hard, pack well and plan on a true wilderness trail race experience.
Crew Access, Drop Bags & Pacers
This is definitely a wilderness race but not an orienteering one. The course is remote but it will all be on trails that are well marked. You will NEED a pack to carry food and water with you. All but one aid station (Cabin Creek) will have crew and drop bag access. The course makes a lollipop loop out to and on Indian Cr. and then an out & back up Big Elk. Pacers are not allowed on the Grizzly 50 course.
GPS Coordinates (Google Maps)
Indian Cr. Starting Line: 43.260720, -111.065638
Big Elk Cr. Finish Line, Race Headquarters -YMCA Camp: 43.324708, -111.109324
-Be aware that Once you get off the highway you will lose cell signal.
Grid chart for the Grizzly 50 below. Click here to go to the Google Sheet to copy/download and edit it for your own purposes. The Grizzly 50 grid is on a different tab on the spreadsheet from the Moose 100.